The aim is to generate more than € 1 billion in additional sales in these areas by 2025. The six growth fields focus on highly attractive markets which Evonik can optimally serve with new products and solutions based on its core competencies. The six growth fields are:
- Establishing additional products and services for sustainable nutrition of livestock and people
- Developing new materials for implants, as components of cell culture media, and for custom-tailored, innovative drug formulations
- Creating a portfolio of health-enhancing substances and nutritional supplements as a contribution to healthy nutrition
- Extending SEPURAN technology for efficient gas separation to further applications
- Developing further products based on natural sources for cosmetics and sensorially optimized formulations for skin care products
- Developing products and technologies for additive manufacturing, electronic applications, and thermal insulation systems
More on the operative segments
Nutrition & Care
In the Nutrition & Care division, everything revolves around human well-being – around health and the quality of life. All products are used directly on, or in humans or animals. They are functional actives, not simply materials. This is what characterizes our three business lines: Health Care, Care Solutions and Animal Nutrition.
The Specialty Additives division combines the businesses of versatile additives and high-performance crosslinkers. Small amount - big effect: In keeping with this principle, our specialties make the difference. They make our clients' products more valuable, more durable, save more energy and in many respects, simply better.
The Smart Materials division includes businesses with innovative materials that enable resource-saving solutions and replace conventional materials. The products are continuously developed and adapted to the needs of the customers. They are the smart answer to the major challenges of our time: environment, urbanization, energy efficiency, mobility and health.
Our Performance Materials division brings together businesses with the same DNA. What belongs together, has come together. This is what we will build on:
Long-term customer relationships based on high quality, efficiency and reliability. Lean structures paired with continuous process optimization. Focus on resource-saving production, new applications and specialties.
TECHNOLOGY & INFRASTRUCTURE
Concentrated know-how revolving around chemical production. As a driver of innovation and digitization in the production environment, the Technology & Infrastructure division offers a full range of expertise revolving around chemical production.