In concert with its international policies, Evonik also adopts stringent safety controls and environmental technology for all its production processes in Brazil. As a result, the company has been granted the certificates of the Quality and Environmental Management Systems according to the Brazilian Standards NBR ISO 9001 and NBR ISO 14001.
The innovative solutions offered by Evonik are a proof of the commitment and concern with sustainable development. An example of this posture is the soil conditioning superabsorbent polymer Stockosorb®. Applied close to the root at planting, the product absorbs rain and irrigation water to form a reservoir which is then used by the plant during the draught periods. This contributes to prevent nursery plant mortality in agriculture and in reforestation caused by water stress. Another nature ally of nature is hydrogen peroxide, whose decomposition product is water and oxygen which do not adversely affect the environment. The research conducted by the company is also guided by the sustainability concept. The Printing, Paint & Coating segment is an example of that. The combination of technologies of emission-free powder with low radiation curing temperatures provides a highly efficient, environmentally friendly solution to the customer.
POLICY ON QUALITY, ENVIRONMENT, SAFETY AND HEALTH
In our activities and processes we are committed to:
- Supplying chemical products and services, focusing on solutions to enhance customer satisfaction
- Safeguarding the safety and health of our employees, third parties, and stakeholders through appropriate technical practices and guidance
- Protecting the environment through the sustainable use of natural resources and pollution prevention measures in all its forms
- Complying with applicable legal requirements and other requirements
- Implementing the necessary actions to preventing product fraud and adulteration
- Producing and/or distributing safe food additives for human and animal use
- Ensuring compliance of cosmetic ingredients and other products according to Good Manufacturing and storage practices in the plants where these requirements are applicable
- Fulfilling the aforementioned purposes ethically, achieve the Food and Feed Safety, Quality Management System requirements and continually improve its effectiveness and the environmental performance.