Evonik showcases broadened solutions at PCHi 2023 to drive sustainable beauty
- New launch of renewably sourced products with outstanding sustainability benefits and proven functionality outcomes to support the local industry upgrade
- China debut of the expanded portfolio following acquisition of Infinitec Activos delivery technologies
- As the region’s leading cosmetics exhibition, PCHi (Personal Care and Homecare Ingredients) takes place from February 15-17 in Guangzhou. Evonik stand: 1A27
Guangzhou/China. Evonik will showcase a series of innovative, natural, climate-friendly solutions and processes, combined with profound formulation expertise tailored for local market needs at PCHi 2023, February 15-17 in Guangzhou, China. The expanded portfolio includes cosmetic solutions and active ingredients for skin and hair as well as ingredients for household cleaning.
As one of the trendiest topics in China’s cosmetics market, “sustainable beauty” is enjoying an increased awareness among end-consumers, and is driving the long-term transition of each activity along the value chain towards minimized negative or even positive environmental impact.
As part of Evonik’s life sciences division, Nutrition & Care, Care Solutions is guided by a Vision that puts sustainability, innovation and collaboration at its core. By leveraging technology platforms, creating more System Solutions, and implementing an ambitious acquisition strategy, Evonik is cementing its position as the preferred sustainable specialties partner for the beauty and personal care industry.
The company’s breakthroughs in sustainable solutions at the event include:
- Replenishing skin lipid – ceramide blend empowered by innovative delivery system: RHEASOME® CeraBoost is a biotechnological and naturally derived encapsulation system.
By delivering sphingolipids/ceramides through the skin barrier into the deeper epidermis, it replenishes the overall skin lipid pool and boosts ceramide production and diversity, thus restoring the skin barrier and improving skin moisturization for well-aged skin.
- Conditioning agent designed for minimal environmental footprint: VARISOFT® EQ 90 is a readily biodegradable conditioning agent with highly efficient hair and skin conditioning properties and lower aquatic toxicity. Produced by an optimized process with reduced energy consumption, this sustainable conditioner that is free of tropical oil and solvents can be widely used in all personal hygiene formulations including trendy concentrated and solid formats.
- Sustainable portfolio endorsed by revolutionary green chemistry process in local production facility: natural-based esters such as TEGOSOFT® MM MB and TEGOSOFT® OER MB can be produced by enzymatic esterification in Evonik’s Care Solution Organics Plant (CSO) in Shanghai. This eco-efficient biocatalytic synthesis is fully reliant on renewable energy and leads to a nearly 100 percent reduction of CO2 footprint compared with conventional chemical procedures. A brand- new documentary in cooperation with PCHi on this topic will be unveiled at the tradeshow.
“We are dedicated to helping our customers in the region to better fulfil the growing consumer demand for more scientifically substantiated and eco-friendly products,” says Madeline Tan, regional business director in Asia North for the Care Solutions business line. “Meanwhile, by continuing to innovate with sustainable feedstocks and formulations, Evonik is supporting the ‘green transformation’ within the local industry to meet the country’s reduced carbon emission targets.”
For more information, visit our tradeshow stand 1A27, Hall 1.1 in the China Import and Export Fair Complex in Guangzhou from February 15-17, or visit intoBeauty® online platform.
Evonik is one of the world leaders in specialty chemicals. The company is active in more than 100 countries around the world and generated sales of €15 billion and an operating profit (adjusted EBITDA) of €2.38 billion in 2021. Evonik goes far beyond chemistry to create innovative, profitable and sustainable solutions for customers. About 33,000 employees work together for a common purpose: We want to improve life today and tomorrow.
Asia Pacific is a strong driving force of the global economy and an important source of innovation. Consequently, Evonik endeavors to further grow its business in the region. Sales reached €3.41 billion in 2021 and the company employs over 5,000 people at more than 50 production sites in Asia Pacific.
About Nutrition & Care
The focus of the business of the Nutrition & Care division is on health and quality of life. It develops differentiated solutions for active pharmaceutical ingredients, medical devices, nutrition for humans and animals, personal care, cosmetics, and household cleaning. In these resilient end markets, the division generated sales of €3.56 billion in 2021 with about 5,300 employees.
In so far as forecasts or expectations are expressed in this press release or where our statements concern the future, these forecasts, expectations or statements may involve known or unknown risks and uncertainties. Actual results or developments may vary, depending on changes in the operating environment. Neither Evonik Industries AG nor its group companies assume an obligation to update the forecasts, expectations or statements contained in this release.